I wrote a quick and dirty Pet Battle guide for my guildies. They were wondering how I managed to level such a huge army of Battle Pets in such a short time. (I made it to server rank 5 according to WoWProgress, but my pursuers are hot on my heels.)
The answer is simple: Preparation, research, trial and error. 🙂
The guide for my guildies is in German, I will have to translate it first in order to share it with you guys. It’s not a from-scratch-guide, but explains which Teams I use to defeat the daily quests for the Pandaria Tamers in order to power level my other pets.
But let’s start with some random hints and tips:
- The hardest part is to level your first team of three to level 25. This step needs some persistence. Start to battle all Mastertamers as they come along, it will give your team an EP boost and is an important step on the way to receive your Safari Hat.
- Talking about the Safari Hat: You want it. Really. It gives your Pets 10% more EP as you level them. You get the hat for the achievement …. Stuck on 39 Tamers? No worries – log onto your Other-Faction-Alt, pick up the Tamer Quest in either Stormwind or Ogrimmar, log back to your Main and complete the quest. Done and all your characters will receive the Safari Hat in the mail.
- As you roam the various zones, catch every blue quality pet that crosses your way. Only use blue quality pets in your team and don’t bother to level anything below blue quality.
- Use your battle stones to upgrade either extremely rare pets (like Minfernal or as it’s called in german: Höllchen; which is usually heavily camped. Catch any quality you can get if the pet is rare, you can always upgrade it) or pets that only come in green quality (like the JC pets, Jade Owl or Sapphire Cub).
- Add-Ons: Pet Battle Teams is extremely useful. Not only does it let you save your teams, but also the skills that are needed for the respective fight. Battle Pet Count is nice to have, too.
- Go farm the old Raid Pets in Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ 40 and Naxramas. MC can easily be done alone, for the others it’s good to have a friend helping. And you definitely want a Frost DK to help you with Viscidus in AQ. Really. The raid pets are tradeable, so you could also buy them at the Auction House or trade with your guildies.
- Once your first team has reached level 25, build a leveling team. Mine currently consists of Chrominius, Effervescent Glowfly and whichever pet I choose to level. If you are doing Pet Battles in Pandaria, it can get a bit tricky. Your low level pet will have to execute one action. This also means, that it will have to survive the first action of your opponent. This might require some luck and some tries, but it does work. One Pet Battle in Pandaria will catapult a level 1 pet to level 5 or 6.
- I don’t recommend to bring a level 1 pet to power level with a daily quest. It can die too easily from attacks that hit the whole team.
- I also don’t recommend to bring a level 24 pet to a daily quest. Personally, I think those EP are wasted and could be used better to level a lower pet.
Details to each Pandaria Tamer will follow. Until then, have fun leveling your team!
My computer died. It went out with a Bang. Well, more or less – it was coughing and ailing for a while and we decided to bite and order a new one. That was on Wednesday. On Friday, my old computer bit the dust and I was all weekend long stuck on my REALLY ancient laptop. Good thing at least the Pet Battles worked on it, everything else wasn’t possible.
We’re not yet sure if we can save the data from the old hard disk. It would be a shame, really, since all my screenshots and photos and a couple of documents are on it, but oh well. I’ll have to set up all my add-ons and interface new anyways. Which isn’t really such a bad thing, because it makes you re-think your set up.
Speaking about Pet Battles. I was seriously bitten by the Pet Battle bug. I made it my goal to climb up to the top of my server. I’m first Hordie at the moment on Kil’Jaeden – EU according to WoW Progress and I’m clawing my way further up the ladder through those Alliance Players. Mwahaha!
Real Life has been – well, trialing, to say the least – thus my absence in blogging.
Our raiding team is coming along nicely – we’ve cleared Heart of Fear (though I’m personally still missing the Endboss Kill) and we’ve started on the Terrace. Can I just say here that hunters are awesome? We’re three (!) hunters on the team, which means we’re rotating most of the time, but we’re the bomb whenever all three of us are in the raid.
I’m still Beast Master and loving it. I used to be SV in Cataclysm, but ever since the changes I’m not really satisfied with it. I’m getting along better with BM. My fellow hunter Haerry is still playing SV and at trash and whenever bombing is required he totally beats me (of course…). But at Boss fights I’m getting closer to him. He’s an exceptional good player and he really understands what he’s doing and likes to crunch numbers. (whereas I just go “Huh?!” when he’s trying to explain all those mathematics to me). I certainly hope that I’ll get a liiiiittle bit better with my new and shiny computer.